Smartphones and tablets have become a necessary item for a majority of individuals nowadays. One of the worst things that can happen to people is losing or misplacing their Android phones. Since it carries a lot of personal and professional information, it can be a considerable loss. If your Android phone gets stolen or misplaced, there are a few simple techniques to track it down. We will cover them in this post.
Everyone has at least one phone in their pockets in this day and age. Therefore losing your device can be troublesome. But, there is a solution – Google’s Find My Device service (formerly Android Device Manager) can help you locate your phone by utilizing Android device management and using Android device manager apps.
Using Google to find your lost phone
You may use your Google account to find your missing Android phone by logging in from another computer or phone:
- From a computer, phone, or tablet, open a web browser.
- Go to Google’s home page.
- Click on the nine dots in the top right corner. Next, click on Account
- Now, click on the Security tab on your left.
- Now go down the page till you find ‘Find a lost device’ under Your Devices. Click on ‘Find a lost device.’
- Now, click the phone you lost or misplaced. You will get three options on the next page – Play Sound, Secure Device and Erase Device.
- Even if your phone is set to “silent mode,” you may ring it to make it ring.
- You may also lock your phone so that no one will be able to go to your home screen if it is found.
- You may also delete all of your data from your phone.
1. Choose your desired option and click on it.
Using Android Lost to locate a misplaced phone
- To use ‘Android Lost’ to track your phone, it must be linked to your Google account, connected to the internet, and running on Android 3.0 or higher.
- The Android Lost software may be downloaded from the Google Play Store and installed remotely on your phone.
- Start the app and remotely register your device by sending an SMS to your phone with the phrase “android lost register.” This will cause Android Lost to log in using your Google account information.
- Now, go to the Android website and log in with your Google account. After that, you’ll be able to use all of the remote functions, such as reading your phone’s most recent SMS.
Future safety measures
When you locate your device or acquire a new one, there are a few things you should do:
- Install a tracking app on your smartphone, such as Cerberus.
- On your phone, enable the android device manager and location history.
These Android device manager apps exist to assist Android device management and help you recover your lost Android devices. However, it is essential to act quickly before the device is turned off. Further delays might make it unable to be tracked using software applications.