There are many social media networks, as shown in Figure 11-1 . This section gives you a brief overview on how to take advantage of the benefits offered by Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Yelp, Foursquare, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Facebook is the most popular social media platform and already has the largest consumer base; more than 1.5 billion people use Facebook in their day-to-day life. There are a number of ways to boost your online reputation using Facebook:
- Create Facebook pages for individual profiles and business pages for your organization.
- Use Facebook as a content distribution platform where you share updates and engage with your users. This leads to brand awareness and also helps customers be in sync with the latest news and promotions.
- Plan events and campaigns to reach out to a large audience and make customers an integral part of your setup.
- Spark lead generation and promote products to increase the span of business to potential customers.
- Use it as a platform for customer feedback and input. This helps you gain insight into customer preferences and marketing trends.
- Utilize community pages to involve users in corporate social responsibility and other tasks. Figure 11-1. Trendy social media portals
- Use the Facebook Ads service to cater to a specific group of consumers.
- Encourage users to like and share your product information. This can give a big boost to your online reputation in addition to lending credibility and trust to your products.
- Use the Facebook Places feature to keep your business partners, potential customers, and users abreast of your location. It allows users to check in on Facebook and spreads awareness of your business.
- Quality link building via blogs and web pages will lead to increased traffic and make your site more visible. This is an organic way of connecting with your target audience. You can also keep users engaged by using quality content, which will increase your rankings—relevant content is a vital cog in content marketing wheel.
- Link your Facebook pages with other social media platforms, and reach out to a wider audience
- Advertise your products and goods for a fraction of the cost compared to traditional marketing methods, and enhance the user experience with engaging content. The analytics for your page will provide insight into customer trends and preferences in addition to conversion optimization.